“அஸ்ஸலாமு அலைக்கும் வாங்க மாமி எப்படி சுக செய்தி? என்ன விஷயமா இவ்வளவு தூரம் வந்திருக்கிறீங்க”? “வ அலைக்கும் ஸலாம் மகள். முக்கியமாக ஒரு விஷயமும் இல்லை சும்மா Time pass...
Be Safe – Stay @ Home 🙂
- Yellow fever – French Guiana, France August 1, 2020On 23 July 2020, the France IHR National Focal Point reported a confirmed autochthonous (locally acquired) case of yellow fever in a 14-year-old male in French Guiana. On 17 July 2020, the case was laboratory confirmed at the French National Reference Centre for arboviruses, Institute Pasteur Cayenne. The case-patient had severe disability, and developed dengue-like […]
- Plague – Democratic Republic of the Congo July 23, 2020The health zone of Rethy in Ituri province, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, has seen an upsurge of plague cases since June 2020. The first case, a 12-year-old girl, reported to a local health centre on 12 June experiencing a headache, fever, cough, and an enlarged lymph node. She died on the same day […]
- Influenza A(H1N2) variant virus – Brazil July 9, 2020On 22 June 2020, the International Health Regualtions (IHR) Focal Point (FP) of Brazil shared a preliminary report with the Panamerican Health Organization, the WHO Regional Office for the Americas of a human infection with Influenza A(H1N2) variant virus (A(H1N2)v). According to the report, the patient, a 22-year-old female, with no comorbidities, worked in a […]
- Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) – Saudi Arabia July 2, 2020Between 1 April and 31 May 2020, the National IHR Focal Point of Saudi Arabia reported nine new cases of MERS-CoV infection, including five deaths. The cases were reported from Riyadh (seven cases), Assir (one case) and Northern (one case) Regions. Most cases were and ages of the reported cases ranged from 40 to 96 […]
- Ebola virus disease – Democratic Republic of the Congo June 26, 2020On 25 June 2020, the Minister of Health of the Democratic Republic of the Congo declared the end of the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) outbreak in North Kivu, Ituri and South Kivu Provinces . In accordance with WHO recommendations, the declaration was made more than 42 days after the last person who contracted EVD in […]
- Ebola virus disease – Democratic Republic of the Congo June 18, 2020No new confirmed cases of Ebola virus disease (EVD) have been reported in Ituri, North Kivu and South Kivu Provinces of the Democratic Republic of the Congo since 27 April 2020 (Figure 1). While this is a positive development, there remains a risk of re-emergence of EVD. It is critical to maintain surveillance and response […]